Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Trayvon

I heard about the tragic story of Trayvon Martin. It was while I was at home and I was watching the news while making dinner. This case came up and talked about how Trayvon was shot to death because the guy who shot him claimed he felt threatened by him. I also heard about this issue is when someone who I followed on Blogger, Rami, talked about this issue during one of his blog posts. I found this issue very disturbing and apalling that the police in Florida are letting this boy get away with murder because he felt threatened.

After reading the article online on Daily news, I became more informed about this subject then I was before. I think that it is ridiculous that they have yet to arrest someone after this brutal murder, but say that he died because of his race is even more disturbing. I believe that this man, who killed him, must have had a reason to kill him, but I do not believe that it is because what color skin he was. I think that theb parents are just trying to find a way in which to bring this guy down and they decided since the killer was hispanic and the victim was black, they thought why not a race case? However, I do not think this is the right way to go. It is terrible that this incident happened and it is even worse that the killer is hiding behind the Florida law of him feeling threatened by Trayvon. I think that this connects to the first essential question. I believe that where Trayvon lived and grew up truly did affect the way he acted and probably why he was killed. Now a days, killing people is not a big deal anymore and the police are not investigating as much as they used to, just like in this case. I just think that this law in Florida should not have an effect in this case because a boy is killed for having no weapon on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment