Thursday, March 22, 2012

Death Penalty

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/us/18deter.html?pagewanted=all
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1699855,00.html
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/keyword/death-penalty

The debate on whether the death penalty is affective or not has been going on for centuries now. Many people are for the death penalty because they feel safer with these criminals are dead and they cannot escape from the jail and go on another crime spree again. On the other hand, others believe that these criminals should rot in jail for what they did and not even have the option to escape from whatever they did. I am against the usage of the death penalty. These criminals are getting the easy way out of things.
While the victims, themselves, or their parents, friends and relatives have to live with with pain throughout their whole lives. I do not think this is reasonable at all. I know that most people feel safer if the criminals face the penalty death because then they have no chance of coming back and trying to hurt someone else; however, the United States are wasting hundred of million of dollars into the lethal drugs to kill them. I believe that these criminals should not even have the option to the penalty death and should face the charges that were put against them. Even if I could do nothing about the death penalty, I do not think that we should be spending so much money on how to kill them. I believe they should have the same torture that their victims had to go through. That is the only way I would be satisfied with the death penalty because they should endure the pain that they inflicted onto the innocent people they traumatized or even murdered. I hate that these criminals get off so easily and it makes me sick to my stomach. I hope people will consider the effort that the United States or any country for that matter has to put in for this criminals to get what they really want, death.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I feel that criminals should have to live out their sentence in jail rather than get off by being killed. Although this is a very sore subject for many i fee it should not be that difficult to make a decision on. I feel although it is gruesome that these criminals should be tortured. Since they are on death row they must have done something really bad so i feel they should feel the same pain that they had caused everybody else.

    ReplyDelete