Thursday, March 8, 2012

Post 7

Recently, the work of art that I have enjoyed is a particular movie, We are Marshall. I was watching this movie with my father and he told me that this is the type of movie that really makes you think and realize what you have in life. We are Marshall is about a plane crash that killed over 35 people, the Varsity Marshall University Football Team. After the crash, Jack Lengyel, decided to take up the position of head coach and to keep the program running. Nevertheless, the whole town does not believe this is the best idea for many families had just lost someone they loved. During the beginning of the season, they lost some games and did not have many fans. However, towards the end of the season, the town started to warm up to the idea of keeping the football program alive. In the end, the football program became one of the best ones in the state, the football players and coaches on the team would never be forgotten.  I enjoyed this movie because it showed me that even though a horrible incident occurred, the town and team kept pursuing on. I would recommend this movie to anyone. I truly believe that We are Marshall is just a type of movie that you will refer back to and always remember.  I also think that it shows that live is delicate and should not be taken advantage, for it can be taken very easily and quickly. I also believe that one of the key things in this movie is that the community did not give up. After this crash, the town and community could have given up on this wonderful program, but decided against it. Even though they were against it in the beginning, they realized that life is to short to live in the past. One website that really tells you the actual story versus the movie is: http://www.cornnation.com/2007/10/24/224350/14 This website just shows you how the actors did a trumendous job and what actually happened in real life. Most people have never heard of We are Marshall, I do not know why, it is really a fantastic movie that portrays a tragic event and how the town and program strive to live on.

1 comment:

  1. I also choose a movie to talk about. I have never watched this movie but I have heard really good reviews about it. I have never really understood what this movie has been about. I am not really interested about sports movies but this sounds great. I like uplifting movies and this seems to be sad but also uplifting. It also seems like an underdog story.

    ReplyDelete